MADERA COUNTY — Thanks to the generosity of the Smokey Bear Run/Walk, The California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) Madera-Mariposa-Merced Unit (MMU) is pleased to announce the distribution of carbon monoxide alarms to families of Eastern Madera County.
Cal Fire and the Smokey Bear Run/Walk will be hosting distribution dates at the following locations:
- Cal Fire Station Bass Lake – Monday, Feb. 22, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Madera County Fire Station 12 – Monday, Feb. 22, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Madera County Fire Station 8 Chukchansi – Tuesday, Feb. 23, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cal Fire Station Coarsegold – Tuesday, Feb. 23, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Cal Fire Station Raymond – Wednesday, Feb. 24, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Cal Fire Station Rancheria North Fork – Thursday, Feb. 25, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cal Fire Station Ahwahnee – Thursday, Feb. 25, 4 to 7 p.m.
A limited number of carbon monoxide alarms will be provided free of charge at each site. Families with young children and senior citizens are encouraged to attend.
An adult must be present and information on the proper installation, testing and maintenance of this item will be provided.