COARSEGOLD — Area firefighting crews were quick to contain and extinguish a basement fire that sparked Friday afternoon at a home on Meadow Ridge Road near the Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino.
By 3:30 p.m., fire officials reported the fire was contained “in the room of origin” beneath the main floor of the home, which was constructed of stone.
No one was at the residence at the time the fire broke out.
Neighbors said gunpowder and ammunition were likely stored inside the home but no explosions were reported.
No estimate of damages to the structure was immediately available.