For years it has been called the Pomegranate Festival, however, the Madera Tourism Alliance Committee changed the name of the festival to Madera Pomegranate, Fruit and Nut Festival to represent Madera’s agriculture nut region.
Organized by the Madera Tourism Alliance of the Madera Chamber of Commerce, the unique, vibrant and fun event brings in visitors from all over the world to experience the best of the Central Valley’s local pomegranate and nut products. Admission and parking are free.
The festival features a full day of delicious pomegranate food and nuts, live entertainment, cooking demonstrations from local chefs, educational briefings on pomegranates, arts and crafts, and fun for the whole family.
“On behalf of the Madera Chamber, I would like to invite everyone to come out and join us for this fun-filled event — it’s a great outing for the entire family, ” says Debi Bray, President/CEO. “The Tourism Alliance Committee and Chamber staff are working hard to bring yet another great event to our community this year.”
The Central Valley’s hottest blues act will take the stage as the John Clifton Band performs non-stop classics from throughout the decades.
Festival highlights include:-
• New this year is a gold panning activating activity.
• Pomegranate and nut inspired foods, beverages, and products to taste and purchase.
• Learn about the flavors of pomegranates and local nuts such as almonds, pistachios, and walnuts through live cooking demonstrations.
• Kid Zone that includes art lessons, activities and games, children’s stage, pony rides, educational information about local agriculture and interactive displays featuring law enforcement.
• Classic car show on site.
• 100-plus vendors and exhibitors featuring pomegranate and nut products as well as a variety of other items.
The momentum is building and exciting things are falling into place for this year’s Madera Pomegranate, Fruit and Nut Festival. The annual event celebrates what Madera does best! Agriculture is Madera’s #1 industry and the event takes place during November which is National Pomegranate Month.
The 8th Annual Pomegranate, Fruit and Nut Festival will be held Nov. 3 at Madera District Fairgrounds. Presented by the Madera Chamber of Commerce’s Tourism Alliance Committee, this annual event draws thousands of guests locally and from around the world for a one-day celebration of delicious pomegranate and nut food, live entertainment, and fun for the whole family. For more information, see www.PomegranateFestival.com.