MADERA COUNTY — In his bid to become District 5 Supervisor in Madera County, Mark Reed said he is “humbled” by the numerous new endorsements he has received in recent weeks.
“These new endorsements represent thousands of people in Madera and Eastern Madera County and convince me that they have affirmed my ‘Economic Policy Blueprint for Eastern Madera County’ which I call my ‘Contract with the Community,’” Mark said.
According to Reed, Madera County has a “very diverse economy” and needs someone with a vast business background who understands the needs of this type of community. To this race, Reed brings 48 years of business management and 37 years of business ownership.
Standing behind him in solidarity for the position of County Supervisor is Reed’s wife, Nina, of 45 years, his three adult children and his 11 grandchildren.
Reed’s major endorsements from organizations include:
• (New) Madera County Republican National Hispanic Assembly
• Madera County Republican Party
• (New) Madera County California Republican Assembly
• California Republican Assembly
• (New) Recognized on the California State Republican Party website as the endorsed candidate.
• (New) Madera County California Action Republicans
• (New) Madera County Punjabi American Growers Group which represents more than 450 farmers and 100,000 acres of farmland. Founder/Board Member Jasbir Singh Sidhu.
• (New) Madera County California Valley Groundwater Sustainability Coalition. This coalition represents 250 farmers and ranchers in Madera County.
• Madera County Mountain Area Conservatives
Reed’s individual endorsements include:
• (New) Michele Lasgoity, President, Cattleman’s Association
• (New) James H. Watkins, Attorney & former Chairman of the Madera County Republican Party
• Fred Vanderhoof, Chairman of the Fresno Republican Party
• Congressman Tom McClintock
• Congressman Mike Garcia
• (New) Gary Bredefeld, Councilmember 6th District, Fresno
• Rick & Kris Hamilton, Cascadel Heights
• Mike Bornman, President, Bass Lake Homeowner’s Association
• Kenny Goodwin, North Fork Lumber
• Marc Sobel, Oakhurst
• Dan Metz, Oakhurst
• (New) Mark Peters, Vice Chairman, Duncan Industries and President, J.M. Lasgoity Ranches
• (New) Ralph Pistoresi, Steering Committee Member, Groundwater Sustainability Coalition
• (New) Bob Bishel, Steering Committee Member, Groundwater Sustainability Coalition
• (New) Ryan Jones, Steering Committee Member, Groundwater Sustainability Coalition
• (New) Sohan Samran, Steering Committee Member, Groundwater Sustainability Coalition
• (New) Mark Nakata, Steering Committee Member, Groundwater Sustainability Coalition (New) Amanda Fleming, Steering Committee Member, Groundwater Sustainability Coalition
• (New) Jasbir Singh Sidhu, Founder, Punjabi American Growers Group
• (New) Steve Foster, Oakhurst
• (New) Lt. General Dean Murphy, Owner, Buckhorn Bar, North Fork
• (New) Bernie Noonkester, Yosemite Lakes Park, built golf course in YLP
• (New) Joe and Sue Byers, Coarsegold, iconic local radio show hosts
• (New) Stan and Carol Eggink, Cascadel Woods
• (New) Tim Messer and (New) Steve Ferguson, Owners, Messer Logging, Inc. and Messer Construction, Inc
• (New) Patrick Ratzlaff, Owner, Pat’s Affordable Towing, Coarsegold
• (New) Tom Nicolulis, Owner, Oakhurst Real Estate Co. & past director (2006-2019) of the Manna House, Oakhurst
Reed’s endorsements from law enforcement include:
• (New) David Hiebert, U.S. Marshall, San Joaquin area (Retired)
• (New) John Markle, Chief of Police (Retired)
• (New) Matt Markle, Madera County Sheriff’s Office (Retired)
• (New) Alan Cable, Reserve Deputy Sheriff (Retired)
• (New) John Irwin, California Highway Patrol (Retired)
• (New) Sgt. Mike Bornman, Deputy Sheriff (Retired)
• (New) PCF Brett Markel, CAL FIRE
• (New) Robert Lindsey, Deputy Sheriff (Retired)
• (New) Tomas S. Ingram, Deputy Sheriff (Retired)
As Reed’s popularity grows among the electorate, here are some positive comments from a couple of new endorsers and our Congressman as well:
“As a constitutional conservative, Mark Reed will fight for the strong conservative values that are dear to our hearts here at the Republican National Hispanic Assembly of Madera County. We are confident that he will govern in accordance if elected.”
“We look forward to your election and staunch support of property rights and agriculture in Madera County,” – Mark Peters and Michele Lasgoity. (Michele is president of the Cattleman’s Association.
And, finally, from Congressman Tom McClintock who serves California’s 4th District: “Mark Reed is a true conservative champion for Madera County. He will be a great supervisor for Madera’s 5th Supervisorial District.”
According to Reed, several endorsements are not mentioned in this list, but new major endorsements will be released soon.
To read Reed’s “Contract with the Community” log on to supervisormarkreed.com.
For more information, please contact:
Mark Reed for Supervisor
P.O. Box 9
Oakhurst, CA 93644
Campaign Line: 559-206-9677
Candidate Direct: 559-676-9825
Check out this short video with Mark Reed.