I have a deep passion for Disney, whether it be Disneyland, Walt Disney World, or all the other parks throughout the world. I have visited Disneyland several times throughout my life and always count on going back.
There is truly a great sparkle and imagination that is involved with Disney. There are very many facts which several individuals may not know. Disney is, of course, invented by Walter Elias Disney. Disney has several great things out there for any age. Children, teenagers, and adults alike can all enjoy the secrets hidden all around Disney parks and movies.
Of course, Disneyland is an amazing park full of fun and adventures, but did you know that there are several secrets in the park?
- Main Street, which is located in the exact entrance of the park, is based off a small town Walt Disney had lived in called Marceline in the state of Missouri.
- Another amazing part of Disneyland is The Dream Suite, located above Pirates of the Caribbean. It’s a very luxurious place in which celebrities or people involved in Disney that are ranked very high are invited to stay in.
- Something funny, yet cool is that Disneyland has it’s own shade of green. It’s called “noseeum green.” It’s meant for things such as trash cans and other things that aren’t very pleasing to look at, to make them less noticeable.
- Lots of people believe that Disneyland has no alcohol, but that’s not true. Club 33 is a secret club for highly ranked members. Club 33 does serve beer and it’s located to the left of the Blue Bayou, which is the restaurant located inside The Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.
- One of my favorite secrets is the Eeyore parking lot. The Indiana Jones ride used to be the Eeyore parking lot, so there is a Eeyore parking plaque inside the screening room in the line of the attraction. I always look forward to being in line for The Indiana Jones ride to look for the Eeyore plaque.
- One of the many great hidden secrets which many think to be a lie is the quarter of a basketball court and a ping pong table.
Some other secrets you may not know about Disney are that they do have a college program for high school graduates.
- Disney also has a private island called Castaway Cay. The Disney Cruise Line takes trips to the island. It is located in the Bahamas near Great Abaco.
- If you have young ones or even teenagers that love Disney, like myself, you’ll love this next hidden secret! If you send fan mail to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland for a certain character they will send you back a letter with a signed autograph. It’s a great thing to do with your kids.
There are also very many well-though-out creative secrets in the Disney movies.
- These include sequences such as Flynn Rider and Rapunzel appearing in Elsa’s coronation scene in Frozen.
- The peddler at the beginning of “Aladdin” was supposed to be revealed as the genie which is why Robin Williams does the voice of both the characters.
- A really funny secret is that Mary Gibbs, who is the voice of ‘Boo’ in “Monsters Inc.” was a toddler during the making of the film. It was hard to get her to sit still in the studio so the producers recorded her playing and pieced together Boo’s lines using things she would say.
- Lastly, a secret about my favorite character, Stitch: there is a hidden Mickey in fruit form in the scene in Lilo & Stitch where Lilo is teaching Stitch to hula dance.
In Walt Disney World, they have talking trash cans and drinking fountains! They are located in the Electric Umbrella restaurant in Future World and all you have to do is simply take a drink of water, throw away your trash, and wait for a silly response from the fountain and trash can.
- Another cool secret is that a lot of the numbers on cars or any little buggy you get into to ride the attraction has a meaning behind it. For instance, the meaning behind the 5505 number on the Soarin’ Over The World flight attraction, is because the ride debuted on May 5, 2005.
- Some interesting “hidden Mickeys” include the hidden Mickey in the Morocco Pavilion and a hidden Mickey at the end of the boat ride of the Mexican Pavilion. Lastly, there is a hidden Mickey to the rear of the Club Cool Ice Station.
Walt Disney World has closed very few times. Sadly, due to Hurricane Matthew, Walt Disney World closed down on October 6, 2016. Although, it opened back up on October 8, 2016.
I love Disney and I always will. It will continue to amaze the generations that come. Walter Elias Disney created a wonderful name for himself and was a very intelligent and caring man. I’ve been taught and inspired by Disney’s work throughout my life. If it weren’t for all these nifty and unique secrets, Disney wouldn’t be as creative as it is today. All these secrets add up to make it what it is today.
Remember, you can always succeed in life no matter where you come from.