SACRAMENTO – A FEMA Mobile Registration Intake Center opens in Madera County Tuesday, Nov. 17, for five days to serve wildfire survivors.
The intake center is part of the ongoing response and recovery mission for FEMA and the state of California to assist survivors with disaster information. It is located at Mountain Christian Center Church, 40299 Highway 49, Oakhurst, CA 96344. It will be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 17 through Saturday, Nov. 21.
The centers are temporary sites to support survivors with disaster information. They offer an optional opportunity for survivors to register, especially those without access to internet or telephone service.
Survivors also may register with FEMA in one of three ways:
• Online at DisasterAssistance.gov
• By downloading the FEMA app to a smartphone or tablet
• By calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362 (TTY 800-462-7585) between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. PST. Those who use a relay service such as a videophone, Innocaption or CapTel, should provide FEMA with the specific number assigned to that service when they register.
• The helpline staff can also answer questions about applications already submitted.
• Deadline to register for assistance under DR-4569 is Dec. 16.
Registration enables FEMA to determine residents’ eligibility for financial assistance that may include rent, home repair, home replacement and other serious disaster-related needs such as childcare, transportation and medical, funeral or dental expenses.
All FEMA disaster assistance will be provided without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment), religion, national origin, age, disability, limited English proficiency, economic status, or retaliation. If you believe your civil rights are being violated, call 800-621-3362 or 800-462-7585(TTY/TDD).
FEMA’s mission: Helping people before, during, and after disasters.
The U.S. Small Business Administration is the federal government’s primary source of money for the long-term rebuilding of disaster-damaged private property. SBA helps businesses of all sizes, private nonprofit organizations, homeowners and renters fund repairs or rebuilding efforts and cover the cost of replacing lost or disaster-damaged personal property.
For more information, applicants may contact SBA’s Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. TTY users may also call 800-877-8339. Applicants may also email
email@example.com or visit SBA at SBA.gov/disaster