MADERA COUNTY — Claudia Gonzales, Chairwoman of the Picayune Rancheria of Chukchansi Indians, announced the recipients of nearly $1.5 million in community grants this morning at the meeting of the Madera County Board of Supervisors.
Grants included awards from 2014 and 2016, going to 33 different organizations.
“Today is a very proud day for me, the Tribal Council, and the entire tribe,” said Gonzales. “We are proud to work in partnership with the Madera County Board of Supervisors in our long-standing agreement of over 10 years.
“One-and-a-half million is a lot of money anywhere for any reason, but in our small communities, these dollars are critical to programs for thousands of neighbors and friends in our communities. They go to thirty-three very deserving local organizations that make a difference every day in the lives of men, women and children in Madera County. Gonzales thanked everyone who submitted grant applications.
Recipients include local schools, fire and safety service groups, veterans organizations, and senior and environmental protection groups.
“These groups make a better Madera County for everyone,” said Gonzales.
Each of these organizations will receive $25,000:
- Griswold Detachment 1121 Marine Corps League – Griswold Detachment Marine Corps League Outreach Program
- Indian Lakes Estates Property Owners Association – Fire Safety, Watershed, & Playground Improvement Project
- Sierra Ambulance Services non-profit – Madera Mountains Emergency Oxygen Fill Station
- Caring Veterans of America – Caring Veterans Of America Storage building & Fork lift
- Madera County Library /Madera Historical Society – Madera Historical Museum Photographs Preservation Project
- Sierra Senior Society – Sierra Senior Center Repair and Improvement
- Rivergold Elementary – Rivergold Elementary Technology Upgrade
- Camarena Health – Oakhurst Dental Services
- Golden Valley Unified School District – Sierra View Picayune Rancheria Playground
- Wild Wonderful Women – Pawsitively Full Pet Food Bank – Pawsitively Full Pet Food Bank
- Chowchilla Elementary School – Chowchilla Elementary School Music Program
- Self Help Enterprises – Outreach & Technical Assistance to Rural Madera County Disadvantaged Communities
- City of Madera Neighborhood Revitalization Department – Madera Adopt -A-School Program
- American Legion Post #11C – American Legion Post 10 Concession Trailer
- Madera County Food Bank – MCFB Community Outreach Grant
- Children’s Museum of the Sierra – Children’s Museum of Sierra Summer Program
- Sierra Historical Sites Association – Fresno Flats Historical Village and Park Restoration
- The Positive Living Center – Community Outreach Center of the Positive Living center
- Sierra Lions Club – Sierra Lions Club Eye Exam and Eyeglasses
- Madera County Arts Council – Madera Cultural Arts Program
- Madera County Film Commission – Promoting Madera County to the Film Industry
- The Salvation Army – The Salvation Army Madera Corp
- Rivergold School – Chukchansi Hik’ey’hiy Park
- Coarsegold Community Center – CCC Repairs and Improvements to building
- Boys And Girls Club – Boys and Girls Club of Oakhurst
- Community Action Partnership of Madera county for Fairmead – Fairmead Community & Friends Center Building
- Fairmead Community & Friends Center Building – Chowchilla VFW Post 9896 Kitchen
- Eastern Madera County Chamber of Commerce Foundation – Oakhurst River Parkway Trail Tune Up
Other disbursements include:
- Manna House of Oakhurst – Manna House Of Oakhurst Food Bank $312,494.65
- City of Madera Parks & Community Services – Phase II: Soccer Field Lighting at Sunrise Rotary $52,218
- Yosemite Unified School District – Per Settlement Agreement $112,494.65
- Community Medical Center – Oakhurst Per Settlement Agreement $112,494.65
- Oak Creek Middle School of the Bass Lake Unified School District – Per Settlement Agreement – $112,494.65
- Chukchansi Gold Resort & Casino – Recipient Award Banquet $10,000
The Chukchansi Gold Resort and Casino was closed from Oct. 9, 2014 until Dec. 31, 2015, and these awards include grants not disbursed for 2014.
2014 Amount = $962,218.00
2016 Amount = $449,978.60