OAKHURST – Now that you’ve set your clocks back an hour, it’s time to set your calendar back a hundred years!
The Sierra Historic Sites Association will host Christmas at Fresno Flats, an old-fashioned winter holiday celebration, from noon to 4pm on Sunday, Dec. 1.
Fresno Flats historic buildings will be decorated for the season with native mountain greenery and period ornaments.
Family-oriented activities will include:
• A visit from Father Christmas
• Soup tasting and bake sale
• Cookie decorating for the kids
• Miniature ponies for photos and petting
• Christmas gift shop
• Tours of historic nineteenth-century buildings
• Blacksmithing demonstration
• Holiday raffle
Guests will be treated to music from the Morning Glory Choir, the Oakhurst Chamber Singers, and a brass quintet. Everyone will be invited to join in a Christmas Carol sing-along.
Admission and parking are free.
Fresno Flats is located at 49777 School Road in Oakhurst. From Highway 41, take Road 426 east, then turn left on School Road (427).