Home » Community (page 4)

Community

Highway 41 Fuels Reduction Project Returns

COARSEGOLD–The California Department of  Forestry and Fire Protection (CAL FIRE), in cooperation with California Highway Patrol, CAL TRANS, Pacific Southwest Research Station/Fresno State University, private landowners, and San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District, aim to reduce large conflagrative fires and high suppression costs, to the citizens of California, by conducting a prescribed burn along the Highway 41 corridor. Historically, this stretch of Highway 41 ...

Read More »

One-Way Traffic Control Next Week

MARIPOSA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will conduct the following one-way traffic control next week on State Route-132 (SR-132) and SR-140 for maintenance and construction operations. Work is scheduled as follows: STATE ROUTE 132 • One-way traffic control from East of Mahoney Gulch to State Route 49 Junction for drainage work beginning Tuesday, June 4, through Friday, ...

Read More »

Now Showing at Yosemite Cinema May 31-June 6

Image of the Yosemite Cinema logo.

Movie Times for Yosemite Cinema Friday, May 31st – Thursday, June 6th Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga (R) Friday, May 31st – Monday, June 3rd | 12:00 pm, 3:10 pm, 6:25 pm Tuesday, June 4th, Wednesday, June 5th | 3:10 pm, 6:25 pm Thursday, June 6th | 12:00 pm, 3:10 pm, 6:25 pm Play Trailer ➤ Starring Anya Taylor-Joy, Chris ...

Read More »

Alert: Civil Air Patrol Exercise this Weekend

MOUNTAIN COMMUNITIES–The Madera County Sheriff’s Office would like to advise the public that the Civil Air Patrol division of the US Air Force will conduct an exercise in our area this Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (5/31-6/2). They will be based on Road 426 and fly over our mountain area and parts of Mariposa County. You can expect to see a ...

Read More »

Classic Car Show Supports Golden Chain Theatre Classic Community Theatre

OAKHURST—Oakhurst boasts one of the best community theatres anywhere—the Golden Chain Theatre. Combine that with classic cars, and you’ve got a dynamite combination. Come out to celebrate both classic cars and community theatre at the Golden Chain Theatre Center Stage Classic Car Show. The event takes place at the Oakhurst Community Park from 9 am to 2 pm on Saturday, ...

Read More »

Music on the Green Returns This Week

image of a flyer for Music on the green. artwork done by Gray Rule

MARIPOSA–The Mariposa County Arts Council’s Music on the Green returns to the Art Park this year for a full season of live music. Music on the Green features free, live concerts every Friday and Saturday of the summer. The venue is the Mariposa County Art Park. It is one of Mariposa’s longest-standing community programs. Andy Roberts and the Mariposa Arts ...

Read More »

Celebrating Creativity: 5 Art Grants Awarded

MARIPOSA COUNTY–The Arts Council is proud to announce five grants totaling $10,000 have been awarded toward project investments for local artists and grassroots organizations. Piloting in spring 2024, the Art + Community grant program receives funding from the County of Mariposa. It invites working artists, groups, and organizations to submit proposals for projects and programming. The projects must support community ...

Read More »

Driving Miss Kitty: EMCSPCA’s Van Adds Services Flexibility

AHWAHNEE—Sometimes you just have to think outside the box. Or in this case, the van. The Eastern Madera County SPCA (EMCSPCA) Animal Care and Adoption Center works really hard to make the best of limited resources and make every penny count. In particular they sought funding to provide low-cost spay/neuter availability to local pets.  Funding Prayers Answered A grant from ...

Read More »

One-Way Traffic Control Next Week

MARIPOSA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will conduct the following one-way traffic control next week on State Route-49 (SR-49) and SR-140 for maintenance and construction operations. Work is scheduled as follows: STATE ROUTE 49 • One-way traffic control from Bear Valley Point to French Camp Road for utility work on Wednesday, May 29, 2024. The work will ...

Read More »

Pet of the Week – Hi, I’m Rolo . . . and I want YOU!

AHWAHNEE—Hi, I’m Rolo, and I’m looking for YOU. If you are fun-loving and like to play, I’m your special guy. I’m handsome and dashing. They call me a tabby because of my beautiful stripes. I am only six months three weeks old, so there’s plenty of time for us to get to know each other. I’m only 6-3/4 pounds, so ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online