Home » Community (page 352)

Community

Public Meeting On Local Disaster Planning In North Fork

Submitted by Christina McDonald – NORTH FORK – The development of the North Fork Rancheria of Mono Indians of California Tribal Hazard Mitigation Plan for approval by the Federal Emergency Management Agency is nearly complete. Work began on the plan in September 2017 and the tribe anticipates having the plan complete and ready for public and FEMA review in October ...

Read More »

AAUW Hosts Election Forum On School Board And Measure M

MARIPOSA – The Mariposa Branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) will be hosting a moderated Election Forum for Mariposa County featuring 3rd District School Board candidates and Measure M, the proposed 2 percent increase in the Transit Occupancy Tax. The purpose of this two-part non-partisan forum is to facilitate an exchange between the community and School Board ...

Read More »

Join The Community Choir, Rehearsals Begin This Week

NORTH FORK — Don’t think that just because it’s in North Fork and you’re not, you can’t join the amazing North Fork Community Choir. We have members from as far away as Fresno and Nipinnawasee who join us every week to raise their voices in celebration of the holiday season, and perform for the community the first Saturday in December. ...

Read More »

Minarets Mustang Football Update

By Ruth Biedermann —  O’NEALS — The stands on both sides of the football field at Minarets High School filled up with people and excitement. People were cheering for both YHS and Minarets football teams. With the varsity football game ending in the scores of Minarets with 10 to Yosemite with 38, varsity player and senior Christian Varner gave his opinion ...

Read More »

Don Your Best Disney Costume For Public Coffee House Event

NORTH FORK – Public Coffee House in North Fork is holding Disney Tribute on Saturday, Sept. 22, from 3:30 to 6 p.m. Dress up as your favorite Disney character and join in on some Disney games. There will be a Best Costume Contest and the winner will receive $50. Also, the folks at PCH invite the community to help support ...

Read More »

Fabulous First Graders Enjoy Their Exercise

OAKHURST — Our fabulous first graders at Oakhurst Elementary School know the importance of getting enough exercise every week. Each Friday our “firsties” migrate over to OCI to walk on the track. In addition, they have learned that each time they walk around the track — it is a quarter mile. Walking, running, or jogging with friends makes it so much ...

Read More »

Schedule For Fall 2018 Madera County Flu Shot Clinics

MADERA COUNTY – Flu season is rapidly approaching and with it, the need for flu vaccines, says Madera County Public Health Director Sara Bosse, who invites everyone to “take a page from our book.” “Flu vaccine is like a library,” says Bosse. “Each year when you get a flu shot, you add a book to your library. You have the ...

Read More »

Oak Creek Intermediate Leadership Team Beautifies Campus

By OCI Correspondents — OAKHUST — The Oak Creek Intermediate Leadership Class planted some new shrubs in the front of the school. Our leadership team is helping the school with everyday tasks including recycling, fun noontime activities, and gardening. We planted the shrubs in front of the school because we wanted to provide a warm welcome to all of the ...

Read More »

This is Us: Carolyn Mather

I’ve always had a love of the outdoors. Mom got me into garden club when we lived in Bermuda when I was nine. I got my garden badge when I was a Girl Scout. My dad was also a fisherman so I fished with him all the time. Even deep sea fishing. My dad was also a big hiker. We started ...

Read More »

JCF Hosts Workshops On Pain Management, Aging Well And Mammograms

Image of Fremont Hospital.

MARIPOSA – The John C Fremont Healthcare District is offering three upcoming events to help everyone live better, healthier lives. The Living Well Series is meant for individuals who are dealing with chronic pain. The goal is to provide people with alternative methods to deal with their pain – be free from pain and free from addiction. This series was ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online