Home » Community (page 321)

Community

Celebration Of Life For Michael “Mike” Mitchell, Sr.

Treasured son, father, grandfather and friend Michael Mitchell, Sr. passed away peacefully on Mar. 4 in Oakhurst. He was loved by many and will be missed by all. Born Mar. 15, 1950 in Mill Valley, Calif., Mike moved to the Sierra Nevada foothills in 1985. His passions always involved being outdoors in nature, and included hunting and shooting, skills he ...

Read More »

Minarets Students Prevail Over Teachers In Donkey Basketball

By Jordan Tuttle — O’NEALS — What’s the best way to mix FFA with sports? If your instant answer isn’t, “donkey basketball,” you don’t know what you’re missing! Well, in hindsight, “ram football” also sounds fun, but it would be super difficult to teach the rams to catch. Donkey basketball is an annual event at Minarets High School during FFA ...

Read More »

St. Patrick’s Day Safety Takes Planning, Says CHP

SACRAMENTO – The celebrations and parties that may highlight St. Patrick’s Day often lead to tragedy when impaired drivers take to the roads. On Mar. 17, 2018, 1 person was killed and 48 were injured in collisions caused by driving under the influence (DUI) in California, according to CHP officials. Statewide, 131 people were involved in DUI collisions on St. ...

Read More »

Ladies Of The Lakes Blood Drive At YLP Clubhouse

COARSEGOLD – The Ladies of the Lakes (LOL) will host a blood drive on Saturday, Mar. 23, from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Yosemite Lakes Park Clubhouse. The Central Valley Blood Bank needs all blood types. It is easy to donate and only takes about an hour of your time. Be sure to hydrate well and eat prior ...

Read More »

Annual Community Baby Shower Moves To Yosemite Lakes

OAKHURST — Do you know a local mom-to-be or someone with small children? Expectant moms and families of children five-and-under are invited to the Sierra Mountain Community Baby Shower on Saturday, Mar. 23 from 9 a.m. to noon at Yosemite Lakes Community Church. Now in its eighth year, the event is — as always — free. One of the most ...

Read More »

It’s The Bee’s Knees: Wasuma Roaring Twenties Golf Fundraiser

AHWAHNEE — The Wasuma PTA invites the community to an exciting throwback fundraiser in hopes that everyone will come out and support local students while having a blast in true old-fashioned style. It’s the Wasuma PTA Roaring Twenties Golf Fundraiser at beautiful River Creek Golf Course in Ahwahnee, set for Saturday, Mar. 23, starting at 1 p.m. The cost to enter is ...

Read More »

ACT Dog Of The Week: Handsome Dusty

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption Dog of the Week for SNO is a sweet and handsome boy who could use a forever home. Dusty is an adorable Cattle Dog mix who’s about two years old. “Hi, I’m Dusty! My foster mom says I probably have some Shepherd or Husky in me, but whatever I am, I sure ...

Read More »

Eastern Madera County Job Fair 2019

OAKHURST — On your way to finding a new job or career? This step could help. The Workforce Development Board of Madera County invites individuals to participate in the upcoming Eastern Madera County Job Fair on Thursday, Mar. 14, from 2 – 5 p.m. at the Oakhurst Community Center. Participating businesses may be looking to fill immediate vacancies, build a ...

Read More »

North Fork Visitors Center Celebrates Its Dedicated Volunteers

NORTH FORK – The North Fork Chamber of Commerce held a special celebration at Bandit Town on Feb. 23 to thank all those who volunteer at the Visitors Center. Jenny Pearson, coordinator at the North Fork Visitors Center, said this special appreciation luncheon was to honor the 23 people who donate so much of their time. “Most of these folks ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online