Home » Community (page 281)

Community

Greenwood Heating and Air Conditioning Open for Business

Greenwood Heating & Air Conditioning

OAKHURST — Ron Greenwood, Sr. and Louis Greenwood, of Greenwood Enterprises Heating and Air Conditioning, are open for business to serve Oakhurst and the mountain areas. Greenwood Enterprises Heating and Air Conditioning is operating a complete business, offering service and installation. Louis is Ron Jr.’s brother and is also doing business in Southern California. Ron and Louis look forward to ...

Read More »

Celebration of Life for Mary “Mimi” Hall

From everyone at Sierra News Online, our deepest condolences go out to the friends and family of Mary Hall

In Loving Memory Mary “Mimi” Elizabeth Hall, 58, passed away surrounded by her loving family and friends on Tuesday, October 8, at Antelope Valley Hospital in Lancaster, California, after a courageous battle with lung cancer. She was born on July 31, 1961, to Marion Marshall and Lawrence Hall in Lancaster. Mimi is the beloved mother of Rocky Butler, Tiffany Payne, ...

Read More »

Minarets Student Builds Fully Adjustable Welding Booths

Senior Hunter Ahrens working on the welding booths.

MINARETS — The Minarets Ag Shop is now the proud owner of a new group of custom-made welding booths courtesy of a student at the school. Senior Hunter Ahrens is a four-year participant of the Ag Mechanics program and he has just completed a year and a half of work on something he’s very passionate about. Last year, mechanics teacher ...

Read More »

Minarets Glissaders Hike to Eagle Lake

Minarets Glissaders wa-a-a-y up on top of the mountain!

By Joseph Langley and Autumn Pecarovich MINARETS — Huffing and puffing, lugging all of their equipment, the Minarets Glissaders club triumphantly reached Eagle Lake on Friday, Oct. 4. The Glissaders conquered a 2,500-foot ascent in 3.6 miles, through a winding trail full of switchbacks, ending in a final rocky scramble. They stayed at the campsite for two nights, leaving the ...

Read More »

Minarets Volleyball Plays in Nike Tournament of Champions in AZ

Minarets Varsity Volleyball Team

By Katelynn Hough (student journalist at Minarets High School) MINARETS — The Minarets Varsity Volleyball team left on Oct. 2 for their five day trip to attend the Nike Tournament of Champions in Phoenix, Arizona. The team was invited last Spring to attend the tournament and had been fundraising and preparing for eight months. The team left at 4 p.m. ...

Read More »

Pet of the Week: Walter the Dog

Hi there friends! I’m Walter! I am one great guy. Not only am I handsome, but I am also smart, frisky, sweet, and lovable! I am about six months old and I recently found myself without a home. Actually I found a safe place, but it is not permanent and I really want a family. If you have time to ...

Read More »

Yosemite High Cross Country Runner Breaking Records

OAKHURST — In just her first season of high school competition, Clover Cicoletti, a sophomore at Yosemite High School, is dashing her way to the top of the Central California cross country world. Clover, 15, whose family lives in North Fork, may be a newcomer to cross country but she has attracted a lot of attention at races across the ...

Read More »

Celebration of Life for Albert D. Heath Jr. of North Fork

Albert D. Heath Jr. of North Fork

Albert was born on Christmas morning 1934 in Arizona. He was always proud of that. He passed away on October 3, 2019, after a long illness. Albert was pre-deceased by both his parents, son Joel D. Heath, and step-son Gregory Burhans. Albert is survived by his current wife Kay, former wife Anita and their daughters Sharron of San Diego, Deborah ...

Read More »

Iconic Oakhurst Saloon Reopens as Snow Line Country Bar

OAKHURST –The Snow Line, one of the area’s most storied watering holes, has reopened. The tequila has been flowing since mid-September, says owner Jennifer McMillan, who purchased the iconic bar and grill property a year ago after it had been shuttered for a number of years. McMillan has rehabbed the Snow Line as an upscale country bar, complete with live ...

Read More »

O’Keefe Pleads Guilty in 2016 Homicide of Bonnie Hale

MADERA — Mary O’Keefe has pled guilty in the 2016 murder of well-known North Fork resident Bonnie Hale. On Tuesday, Madera County District Attorney Sally Moreno confirmed the news while appearing before the Madera County Board of Supervisors. “The defendant pled to the homicide as well as a first-degree residential burglary and elder abuse on the victim, Bonnie Hale,” Moreno ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online