Home » Community (page 264)

Community

‘Multiple Factors’ Key to Success in Rescue of Mariposa Man

MARIPOSA COUNTY — According to area law enforcement officials, “multiple positive factors” influenced the successful rescue of 74-year old John Van Dinther in Mariposa County on Jan. 25. On Wednesday, Jan. 22, Van Dinther was last seen on Bear Clover Road in the Jerseydale area of the county. Later that day, his children reported him missing shortly after 4 p.m., ...

Read More »

California Restaurant Month Spotlight: South Gate Brewing Co.

Madera County is home to waterfalls, giant trees and culinary royalty. In honor of California Restaurant Month, happening throughout January, SNO presents a special series spotlighting each participating restaurant. OAKHURST — South Gate Brewing Company has been filling up our community for the better part of the last decade. To say that their seasonally changing menu and handcrafted beer are ...

Read More »

Wheeler to Hold First 2020 Town Hall in Oakhurst

Image of Supervisor Tom Wheeler

OAKHURST — District 5 Supervisor Tom Supervisor Wheeler will be holding his first Town Hall meeting of 2020 this week. The community meeting will start at 6 p.m. Thursday (Jan. 30) at the Oakhurst Community Center. Wheeler, who has represented the mountain area on the board of supervisors for more than a decade, is expected to speak on topics that ...

Read More »

PG&E to Host Bass Lake Management Plan Meeting

BASS LAKE — PG&E will be hosting a stakeholder meeting today (Jan. 29) to review the Crane Valley/Bass Lake Shoreline & Surface Water Management Plan. The meeting, which will take place at the Bass Lake Ranger Station, is scheduled to run from 1-3 p.m. This meeting is the second of several planned community meetings that will culminate in a revised ...

Read More »

Tesoro Viejo Wins Gold Award at The Nationals by NAHB

MADERA – Master-planned community Tesoro Viejo was awarded the prestigious Gold Award for Best Computer-Generated Sales Tool at The National Sales and Marketing Awards gala, held by the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) last week (Jan. 21) in Las Vegas. The National Sales and Marketing Awards gala — known as The Nationals — is NAHB’s largest and most prestigious ...

Read More »

Local Boys & Girls Club Member Runner Up for ‘Youth of Year’

FRESNO — A member of the Boys & Girls Club of Oakhurst was the runner up in the area-wide Boys & Girls Clubs of Fresno County’s annual “Youth of the Year” competition. For the third year in a row, a representative of the Oakhurst Boys and Girls Club was a top finisher in the prestigious competition, whose winner moves on ...

Read More »

Rising Home Prices Help Homeowners Build Equity

Submitted by Century 21 Ditton Realty OAKHURST — Over the last couple of years, we’ve heard quite a bit about rising home prices. Today, expert projections still forecast continued growth, just at a slower pace. One of the often-overlooked benefits of rising home prices is the positive impact they have on home equity. Let’s break down three ways this is ...

Read More »

SNO Seeking to Grow its Network of Local Contributors

MOUNTAIN AREA — Sierra News Online is looking to grow our network of local correspondents. Are you a good storyteller who can also write clear, concise reports about community events and area news makers? Or maybe you shoot a good photo and would like to take your photography to the photojournalism level? If you live in the mountain community and ...

Read More »

‘Monster Revue’ Bringing Frankenstein, Dracula to YHS Theater

By Maile Peterson and Jarrod Mills OAKHURST — Next week, the “monsters” are coming to town. On Thursday and Friday (Jan. 30-31), the Yosemite High School Theater Arts program — featuring students from the Theater Arts 2 class — will proudly present the “Monster Revue.” The show will take place in the YHS theater starting at 7 p.m.. This thrilling ...

Read More »

Pet of the Week: Tuffy

I am Tuffy and I am sure you are looking for an adorable kitty like me. I am kind of a teenager now and I would like to find my forever human. Hello, are you my new human? Needless to say, I am sweet, a lot of fun, busy, and adorable……(Oh, I guess I already said that!). So if you ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online