Home » Community (page 204)

Community

Celebration of Life for Kathleen Ruth David

Image of Kathleen Ruth David.

Kathleen Ruth David, also known as Kathy, Momma, Grandma, Kate, JD’s wife, and Sister #3 was a feisty, hard working, fun-loving, selfless person who always put others needs ahead of her own. Her love for life and her resiliency to keep going no matter what life threw at her was extraordinary. Momma was born Christmas Day in Upland, California. In ...

Read More »

34th Annual Kids Day Benefitting Valley Children’s Hospital

MADERA – The 34th Annual Kids Day benefiting Valley Children’s Hospital is today – Tuesday, March 9. Protecting the health and well-being of our community continues to be Valley Children’s top priority. So for the second year in a row, Kids Day will be a digital event. Since 1988, Kids Day has raised more than $10.1 million for the “Children’s Fund.” ...

Read More »

What’s happening at MCAC?

Image of an MCAC flyer.

It’s been quite a year! And yet, Madera County Arts Council has persevered. Check out the video below to see what’s going on.   Meet the Artists: Kate Jackson and ‘New Year / New Normal’ exhibit Their current exhibit ‘New Year / New Normal’ continues. Come in – Mask up – Check it out!

Read More »

Yosemite Unified Board Meeting

OAKHURST – Yosemite Unified School District (YUSD) will be holding their next Board Meeting on March 8, 2021, via google meet.  This is a great opportunity for parents and citizens interested in participating in the Board Meetings for YUSD. Attached is the agenda for Monday’s meeting. 3.8.2021 Board Meeting Agenda Request for Public Comment needs to be emailed to Raylene ...

Read More »

Chawanakee Positions Needed for Reopening

The Chawanakee Unified School District is looking to hire additional staff to accommodate the return of students with safety precautions in place. Several postings are coming out or are already posted on edjoin.org. Chawanakee Unified School District has been running in person learning for Elementary students for several months now. This has been a great success as safety and student ...

Read More »

How Art Shapes Our Lives: The Golden Gate Bridge

Image of the Golden Gate Bridge.

By Sal Maccarone The word utilitarian refers to something that is useful, or serves a function. Utilitarian art is something that has function as its main priority, but is at the same time aesthetically pleasing. Like many other artists, I like to think of my own work as utilitarian art. The fact is, many important architectural wonders can be considered ...

Read More »

Pet of the Week: Hashbrown the Cat

Image of Hashbrown, pet of the week.

Hi there, I’m Hashbrown! Remember my sister, Pancake? You may have met her last week. We are brother and sister, six months old, spayed and neutered, and hoping to meet our furrever family! I want you to know I posed for this photo just for you! If you want to meet me or Pancake, please call 559-683-1266.

Read More »

Sierra National Forest Seeks Public Input on Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation State Grant Proposal

CLOVIS — The Sierra National Forest (SNF) is requesting public input for the California 2020/2021 State Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Grants and Cooperative Agreements Program application cycle. As part of the grant process, the SNF is requesting public comment on the draft applications submitted to the State. This Public feedback will be considered as development of the preliminary grant ...

Read More »

Sugar Pine & Cedar Valley Public Lands Stewardship Project

REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Fuel Reduction on Public Lands OAKHURST — Yosemite/Sequoia Resource Conservation & Development Council (YSRCDC) is soliciting bids from contractors for the  Sugar Pine & Cedar Valley Public Lands Stewardship Project . YSRCDC is seeking a qualified contractor to create fuel breaks and defensible fuel profile zones through a combination of mechanical treatment and piling, mastication, and hand crews. ...

Read More »

Learn to Embroider at the Fresno Art Museum

Image of the inside of the Fresno Art Museum.

Contemporary Hand Embroidery for Beginners Inspired by the embroidery work in Bonnie Peterson’s exhibition Another Glorious Sierra Day, FAM Registrar Esther Patch created an introductory video on a few basic hand embroidery stitches for anyone who would wish to learn this ancient art form. As part of her Master’s program in Museum and Gallery Studies at the University of St ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online