EASTERN MADERA COUNTY – Due to the recent rainfall, CAL FIRE has lifted the burn suspension for the State Responsibility Area within Eastern Madera County as of 12 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 30.
Hazard reduction burning in Eastern Madera County will be allowed with a valid San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District permit.
The following guidelines are required when conducting a hazard reduction burn:
• Property owners conducting hazard reduction burning are responsible for checking the burn day status by calling the San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District burn line at 1-877-429-2876 prior to igniting their hazard reduction pile.
• Do not burn material that is wet or damp, as this can cause excessive smoke. Excessive smoke is prohibited and will result in penalties.
• Provide adequate clearance (minimum of within 10 feet of the outer edge of the pile) around the burn pile to avoid its escape.
• Keep a water supply close to the burning site.
• An adult must be in attendance until the fire is extinguished.
• Do not burn on windy days.
• Do not use any flammable liquid (such as gasoline or diesel fuel) to ignite a fire.
• Make sure the burn pile is free of prohibited materials: No household trash, garbage or construction materials.
• Burn only natural vegetation removed while maintaining a defensible space.
Hazard reduction burning is permitted only when meteorological conditions are good for smoke dispersal. In addition, CAL FIRE, MMU may impose fire restrictions and prohibit open burning due to elevated risks of fire danger.
Creating a nuisance can result in a violation subject to penalties. Please burn with caution.
Burning anything in a burn barrel is illegal.
Burn permits may be obtained at your nearest CAL FIRE or Madera County Fire Station:
CAL FIRE Ahwahnee, 43033 Highway 49 South, Ahwahnee
CAL FIRE Raymond, 34951 Road 606, Raymond
CAL FIRE Rancheria, 53488 Road 200, North Fork
CAL FIRE Bass Lake 38333 Road 223, Oakhurst
Madera County Station 12, 48355 Liberty Drive, Oakhurst
Madera County Station 8, 47050 Road 417, Coarsegold