Home » North Fork » Arrest In Coarsegold, Stabbing In North Fork

Arrest In Coarsegold, Stabbing In North Fork

MOUNTAIN AREA — It was a busy night for Madera County Sheriff’s deputies on Wednesday, starting with a chase on Highway 41, and ending with a stabbing in North Fork.

Yesterday afternoon, employees at two different businesses in Oakhurst called in reports of a man making threats to people inside their establishments. The first report came in at about 2:30 p.m., with another around 3 o’clock.

The callers identified the suspect’s vehicle as a tan Chevy Colorado with a camper shell.

Later, as deputies were patrolling the area near the Chukchansi Casino, they spotted the vehicle in question, but when they attempted to make contact with the driver, he sped off.

A chase ensued north on Highway 41, but the man didn’t go far, pulling in at the Chevron station at Road 417. He then got out of the vehicle and was taken into custody without further incident, save a bit of swearing, though his small black dog ran off and has yet to be located.

John David Johnson, 62, of North Fork, was arrested on two counts of making criminal threats, and of violating probation, obstructing an officer, and evading police.

Later that evening at about 8:30 p.m., deputies responded to the Bass Lake Mobile Home Park in North Fork for reports of a stabbing.

Upon arriving at scene, they found that a 43-year-old male had been stabbed in the abdomen. He did not wish to cooperate with deputies who were attempting to ascertain who had done the stabbing.

The odor of alcohol led deputies to believe the man was intoxicated, and though several people were interviewed, no one other than those involved in the incident apparently witnessed the stabbing. Anyone who may have seen what happened, including the victim, didn’t care to share that information with investigators at the scene.

The man was transported by Sierra Ambulance to Minarets High School where Cal Fire Engine 4255 set up a landing zone for SkyLife One, which airlifted him to Community Regional Medical Center. He was treated and released a few hours later after it was determined that his injuries were not life-threatening.

A follow-up today seems to indicate that this was a domestic dispute, but no one wishes to press charges.

Leave a Reply

Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online