CLOVIS — The Sierra National Forest will host an open house on Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2017, at the Sierra National Forest Supervisors Office located at 1600 Tollhouse Road in Clovis from 6 to 8 p.m., to provide the public an opportunity to review and comment on the Forest’s preliminary OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) 2016/2017 grant cycle application.
Public feedback from this meeting will be considered in the development of the preliminary grant application being sent to the State of California Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Division for review.
Each year the State of California makes funding available through the Off-Highway Vehicle Grants Program. The Program provides financial assistance to eligible agencies and organizations (federal, city, county, nonprofit, etc.) who develop, maintain, operate, support, or contribute to the overall management of OHV recreation areas, roads, and trails.
2016/2017 Grant Cycle – Important Dates to Save:
• Mar. 6, 2017: Preliminary applications are due.
• Mar. 7, through Apr. 4, 2017: Public review and comment period. Applications will be available for public comment at OHMVR Division’s website http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov.
• May 1, 2017: Final applications are due.
• May 2017: OHMVR Division review of final applications.
• June 6, 2017: Application Results – Intent to Award posted on the OHMVR Division’s website.
• June 6, 2017 through July 6, 2016: Thirty (30) calendar day appeal period.
• July 7, 2017: Final awards posted on the OHMVR Division’s website upon resolution of any appeals.
The Sierra National Forest’s application will focus on maintaining off-road vehicle routes, facilities, signage, education, and law enforcement.
For more information or to provide comments through other means, please contact Sierra National Forest Assistant Public Services Officer, Jody Nickerson, at 559-297-0706 ext. 4943 or via email at email@example.com.