OAKHURST — A fire that reportedly started in a travel trailer this evening was stopped before spreading to the home just feet away, thanks to the quick work of firefighters.
Just before 9:45 p.m., crews were dispatched to an address in the 40800 block of Road 425A for reports of a microwave catching fire.
Madera County Engine 12 and Water Tender 16 were called out, along with Cal Fire Engines 4260 and 4254, and Battalion Chief 4211.
The first engine at scene reported the travel trailer fully engulfed in flames, but firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to the 2,500 sq. ft. home just feet away.
According to Incident Commander Steve Ward, there was some charring and smoke damage inside the home.
The fire was contained by 10:34 p.m., and crews are still on scene as of 11 p.m. making certain there is no further threat to the home or surrounding vegetation.
Though initial reports were that a microwave has started the fire, the exact cause has yet to be determined. No injuries were reported.