Home » Community (page 6)

Community

EMC SPCA Pet of the Week-Pebbles

AHWAHNEE—Hi, I’m Pebbles, and I’m really cute. Don’t you think so, too? I’d be your best friend forever if you supply me with lots and lots of toys that have squeakers, ’cause I love to hear myself make lots of noise. I’m just a young pup, in the prime of my life, at about 28 months old and 50 pounds. ...

Read More »

One-Way Traffic Control Next Week

Image of Caltrans workers.

MARIPOSA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will conduct the following one-way traffic control next week on State Route-49 (SR-49) and SR-140 for maintenance and construction operations. Work is scheduled as follows: STATE ROUTE 49 • One-way traffic control at Mt. Bullion Cutoff Road for utility work beginning Wednesday, February 21, through Friday, February 23, 2024, from 10:00 ...

Read More »

Holiday Weekend Weather Expected to Pack a Punch

MOUNTAIN COMMUNITIES—The National Weather Service Hanford Office is predicting that our area can expect two storm systems over the holiday weekend. They will continue into next week.  The first of two systems will impact Central California on  Saturday, with periods of light rain below 6,000 feet. Light snow will fall above 6,000 feet. The first system will be the smaller ...

Read More »

Madera County’s Mock Trial Students Ready for Court

MADERA COUNTY–Tobie Clark is on trial for murder during this year’s Honorable Edward P. Moffat Madera County Mock Trial on February 7, 13, 15, and 27. The Mock Trial is a simulation of a court case where high school students act as attorneys, witnesses, clerks and bailiffs. This year students will try the fictional case People vs. Clark. Also, Mock ...

Read More »

Now Playing at Yosemite Cinema Febuary 13-February 22

Image of the Yosemite Cinema logo.

Now Playing February 13 to February 22 Madame Web PG-13 · 1 hr 56 min Forced to confront revelations about her past, paramedic Cassandra Webb forges a relationship with three young women destined for powerful futures…if they can all survive a deadly present. StarringDakota Johnson, Sydney Sweeney, Isabela Merced, Celeste O’Connor, Tahar Rahim, Mike Epps, Emma Roberts, Adam Scott, Zosia ...

Read More »

Voter Registration Deadline Coming Soon

Image of a Vote Madera logo.

MADERA COUNTY–Rebecca Martinez, County Clerk-Recorder and Registrar of Voters, announced today that in order to be eligible to vote in the March 5, 2024, Presidential Primary Election, persons must register to vote by Tuesday, February 20, 2024. To be eligible to register to vote at the Presidential Primary Election, you must be a United States Citizen. You must also live ...

Read More »

Glacier High School Decathlon Champions Again

MADERA COUNTY–For the third consecutive year, Glacier High School Charter prevailed, making them the champions of the 42nd Madera County Academic Decathlon. Glacier High will advance to the state competition March 22-24.  They earned a score of 28,106.6 and will advance to the California Academic Decathlon and compete against the best teams in the state. Seven schools competed Saturday in ...

Read More »

Cooking as a Way to Connect

OAKHURST—Winter weather in the Sierra Nevada foothills begs for comfort, good food and great friends. A collaboration between the Sierra Senior Center in Oakhurst and Bruce and Lori Howard, also of Oakhurst, brings those elements together. On a monthly basis, Bruce and Lori present seminars entitled “Cooking with Friends.” The next in the series takes place on Friday, February 23, ...

Read More »

EMC SPCA Pet of the Week—ADOPTED!

EXCITING NEWS! Buddy and Claudia Long adopted Butch on February 14 (Valentine’s Day!) as a result of his posting as Pet of the Week on SNO! We are so happy for you, Butch. Enjoy your new family. AHWAHNEE—Hi, I’m Butch! I’m 15 months old, and I’m looking for a best friend. Could that be you? I’m really cute, if I ...

Read More »

One-Way Traffic Control This Week

Image of Caltrans workers.

MARIPOSA COUNTY – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) will conduct the following one-way traffic control this week on State Route-49 (SR-49) and SR-140 for maintenance and construction operations. Work is scheduled as follows: STATE ROUTE 49 • One-way traffic control at Joe Howard Road for utility work beginning Saturday, February 10, through Sunday, February 11, 2024. Traffic control will ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online