Breaking News
Home » Community (page 20)

Community

ACT Dog Of The Week: Meet Stanley

The Animal Compassion Team foster and adoption program introduces Stanley: Hi, my name is Stanley. I am a beagle mix, about two years old. I weigh about 20-25 pounds and am an adult dog, so I am all done growing. My foster mom says I am such a well-behaved, good boy who loves all dogs, cats, and people. I am ...

Read More »

Yosemite Renaissance Presents “A Week In The Park”

OAKHURST — Yosemite Renaissance is proud to present “A Week in the Park,” Plein Air Works by Trowzers Akimbo and Friends. The work will be on display at Gallery 5, 40983 Highway 41, Suite 5, in Oakhurst from June 10 through 22, with a special reception on Saturday, June 17, from 5:30 to 9 p.m., featuring live music and food. ...

Read More »

Special Olympics Torch Run With Local Law Enforcement

MADERA COUNTY — Law enforcement agencies throughout Madera County will be participating in the annual Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics on Tuesday, June 13. Registration is still open for runners to sign up for this important cause, say organizers. The mission of the Law Enforcement Torch Run is to raise awareness and funds for Special Olympics. This year’s ...

Read More »

Recycle Your Old Paint Products

MARIPOSA — Ready to get rid of old household DIY products like paint, stains and sealers? A free paint drop-off event is open to all households and businesses on Saturday, June 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Mariposa County Fairgrounds. Containers must have original labels. The following products will be accepted: house paint and primers (latex or ...

Read More »

Dispose Of Hazardous Household Waste Free At YHS Event

OAKHURST — This is your chance to clean out that garage or shed, get rid of that broken TV, or dispose of paint and dangerous chemicals. Madera County is sponsoring a one-day hazardous waste disposal event on Saturday, June 17, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at Yosemite High School, 50200 Road 427 in Oakhurst. None of the items listed ...

Read More »

Free Workshop On Building Good Garden Soil

MARIPOSA — Gardeners say dirt is what’s under your feet, but soil is what makes your plants grow. Few patches of dirt are good patches of soil, but there are ways you can help it along, to help your plants along. Mariposa Master Gardeners has scheduled a free workshop on ways to get that soil as rich as possible using ...

Read More »

AAUW Sponsors Seven Science Camp Students

MARIPOSA — The Mariposa branch of the American Association of University Women (AAUW) recently announced the selection of seven local girls they will sponsor to attend a one-week STEM camp at Fresno State University, June 11-17. The camp is part of the AAUW Tech Trek program, which encourages middle-school aged girls to find their passion for science, technology, engineering and math. ...

Read More »

Vintage Car Parts And June Discounts At Cause 4 Paws

OAKHURST — June is a big sale month at local thrift shop, A Cause 4 Paws, says store owner Vickie Deane. All jackets are 75 percent off and any store item that has a lime green tag is 50 percent off. These discounts apply all month long. Those in the community who may refurbish vintage autos, make note: Vickie received a large ...

Read More »

North Fork Library 2017 Summer Reading Program

Written by Sarah McIntyre — NORTH FORK — School is at an end and summer is approaching with the anticipation of the North Fork Library 2017 Summer Reading Program. This program is dedicated not only to providing families with entertainment throughout the summer, but is intended to encourage children, teens and families to utilize the library as a tool for ...

Read More »

Roger Allen Schneider

Roger Allen Schneider passed away June 2, 2017, at the age of 71. He was born on Dec.26, 1945, in Fresno, Calif., to Lois and Theodore. A mountain area resident for more than 40 years, his generosity extended throughout the community and has left a lasting impact. After being an employee of PG&E for over 20 years, Roger left the ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online