Breaking News
News from the communities in and around Yosemite National Park
Home » Community (page 20)

Community

Update On Plans For Oakhurst Community College

OAKHURST — In June 2016 voters approved Bond Measure C, State Center Community College’s capital improvement bond. Not long after it passed, community outreach began, with representatives of the State Center Community College District (SCCCD) holding a series of public meetings, and a committee formed to oversee the distribution of some $485 million for facilities construction and expansion. Oakhurst is ...

Read More »

EMC SPCA Seeks Volunteers Who Love Pets

Submitted by Sharon Fitzgerald — OAKHURST — The EMC SPCA would like to invite you to make a contribution to mountain area animals by volunteering to help with local projects. At this time we are establishing a larger foster program and will be holding meetings over the next couple of months to provide information about how to become a foster. ...

Read More »

PG&E Uses Retardant On A Wildfire Too

MARIPOSA COUNTY — We know all about firefighters working in dangerous conditions on wildfires, but there are other crews out there as well. Over the last 10 days on the Detwiler Fire, more than 500 PG&E workers and contractors were assigned the task of repairing lines and infrastructure, replacing poles, and getting people back online as quickly as possible. Often ...

Read More »

PG&E Warns Of Phone Scams In Detwiler Fire Area

MARIPOSA COUNTY — PG&E has received reports from residents and law enforcement that some customers affected by the Detwiler Fire have received calls from people who threaten to disconnect electric service unless an immediate payment is made. These are scams. PG&E’s credit department will not ask for personal information or a credit card number over the phone. Anyone who has ...

Read More »

Ronald G. Severe

Ronald G. Severe, 81, of North Fork went to be with The Lord on June 1, 2017, surrounded by his family. A beloved husband, father, grandfather, great-grandfather and brother, he had a love for the mountains, animals, gardening and most of all his family. He was born on Sept. 18, 1935, in Sanger, Calif., to Glen and Marie Severe. Ron ...

Read More »

Ponderosa Seeks Local Artwork For 2018 Directory

O’NEALS – Are you an artist with work that speaks to the rural life of the Central Sierra? This is your chance to have your work in thousands of homes. Ponderosa is looking for just the right image, representative of their coverage area, to grace their 2018 directory cover. Your artwork or image could be in all the homes and ...

Read More »

Assistance Center For Detwiler Victims Open Again Tomorrow

MARIPOSA COUNTY — The Local Assistance Center for anyone affected by the Detwiler Fire will be open again tomorrow, Wednesday, July 26, the Mariposa High School Gymnasium located at 5074 Old Highway N from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. This is a multi-agency support center for ANYONE impacted by the Detwiler Fire. Local, State and Federal agencies will be available ...

Read More »

ACT Dog Of The Week: Meet Hermosa

The Animal Compassion Team (ACT) foster and adoption program introduces a beautiful spaniel mix: Hi, my name is Hermosa! Could I be any cuter?  I’m not only gorgeous, my personality is very sweet, also. I am a very mellow girl, and I don’t have one mean bone in my body. I love to be held, cuddled and give hugs. Just ...

Read More »

Tour The Sierra Vista Scenic Byway’s Secret Vistas

SIERRA NATIONAL FOREST — Everyone is invited to join in a tour of the best kept secret vistas of the Sierra Vista Scenic Byway. Participants will meet on Saturday, July 29, at 9 a.m. at The Pines parking lot at Bass Lake and carpool up to the Jackass Lake trail head. Retired USFS back country ranger Michael Olwyler will lead ...

Read More »

Citizens Invited To Help Improve Madera County Election Process

MADERA COUNTY – Rebecca Martinez, Madera County Clerk-Recorder and Registrar of Voters, is seeking citizens interested in serving in a volunteer capacity on a Voting Accessibility Advisory Committee and/or a Language Accessibility Advisory Committee in Madera County. All interested parties are encouraged to attend a formation meeting on Wednesday morning, Aug. 9, at the County Government Center. “Elections in Madera ...

Read More »
Sierra News Online

Sierra News Online